Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The "Texican" Wedding

I met Richard one day in a local boutique. His "future wife" was shopping for her wedding dress, 
I was dropping off some postcards that the shop carries as part of their stock. 
He started talking to me as he was looking at some of my photography and told me they were looking for a photographer for their "Texican" wedding. 
I was intrigued and gave him my card. We met a little less than a month later and it began a beautiful friendship. I have never met two more well suited people who are so in love. Photographing their wedding was one of my highest honors... ever. 
I co-hired another photographer, Monica Hoeffel-Murphy, to help me document the day, and she shot the majorityof the wedding because I was busy setting up the "Tootins McGrootins Antique Portrait Studio." Michelle and Richard had an antique style wedding and gave each one of their guests a sitting with the "Tootins" old time photo mobile as they all dressed in old style clothing. It was a fun day to say the least! 


Michelle and Richard with their lovely boys, Brandon and Garrett. 
One of my favorite ever family portraits, so relaxed in such a beautifully rustic setting! 
These were part of their engagement photos, and are now hanging proudly in their home! 




Now that's my kind of bride- beautiful, blushing, colorful and in love...


I told you they were madly in love...




The wedding was located at the Sisterdale Dance Hall in Sisterdale, Texas, recently re-opened and renovated. It's one of the most beautiful locations in Texas, it's right on the river in the heart of the Hill Country.





My favorite shot from the reception! Michelle said this is how Richard makes her feel every day.


One of the Antique Portraits captured by my sister company, 
Tootins McGrootins Antique Portrait Studio. 
(Available for special events)


No comments:

Post a Comment